how to submit
How to Submit Online Entries
The 2017 Housing Design Awards consists of online and finalist award submissions. The online awards submissions must be submitted on our Housing Design Awards website before midnight on Thursday, July 20th. No extensions will be given to this deadline.
- Be sure to read the requirements for eligibility, new for the 2017 awards and important dates and fees sections of the website. Individual category descriptions can be printed on each category homepage.
- Create your member profile.
- Once you've created your member profile, login here.
- After logging in, you will be able to add new submissions and edit them until the closing date.
- To add a new submission, login and click the enter submission link in the menu.
- Select a category and provide a name for the submission so you can recognize it easily later. This is a name used for your purposes only. Judges will not see this title you provide.
- Next you can upload photos for the submission and add the written submission text.
- If you need to add a floorplan/site plan, please ensure that it is saved as a pdf.
- Do not make any reference to your company name in the written submission. Please ensure that there are no logos in the photos and floor plans you add.
- You can see all of the submissions you have entered by clicking the view submissions link in the menu. From here you can edit the submissions by clicking on the add/edit photos link and the written submission link
- Please note: In order for submissions to be considered complete and to be viewed by judges, you must click the SUBMIT button for every entry. Please contact the GOHBA office should you need to make changes to an entry that you have already submitted.
If you require assistance with submissions, please contact the office at (613) 723-2926 Ext. 222 or by email at email@example.com.
How to Submit Finalist Entries
Finalists will be announced on August 18, 2017. The finalist entries consist of the preparation of an Awards board that will be displayed at the Ottawa Fall Home Show at the EY Centre from September 28 – October 1, 2017, as well as at the Housing Design Awards Gala on October 21st. GOHBA will produce a photo board for every finalist entry. Each finalist will receive detailed instructions and templates on this board production process. GOHBA will print each finalist board with graphics, after the finalist has determined the photo placement location. After the Gala, your boards are yours to keep for further promotional purposes.